Melbourne - Cooler than Sydney!!
Melbourne is a foodie heaven and happening place. In fact Melbourne reminds me very much of my native San Francisco – except flatter. They even have cable cars..coincidence – I think not!. Established around the same time the city really grew almost overnight with the Gold Rush of the 1850’s and the beautiful Victorian architecture in central Melbourne still enchants . Mixed with modern buildings today you can find world class hotels, a wide esplanade along the banks of the Yarra River to stoll and many outdoor café’s to enjoy.
Shopping in Melbourne is a dream with a variety of Victorian covered shopping arcades shopping alleys and super hip stores,
- Melbourne Food and Wine Festival March 16 – 2014
- The Food Graze – Sept. 2013
- History – see the hand made armour of Australia’s favorite outlaw Ned
- Visit the wineries of Yarra Valley
- Need to walk off some of the food Echidna Wildlife Walkabout – Wildlife and Nature tours See Koalas and Kangaroos in the wild. Interact with animals in their natural habitats on this full day, small group eco-tour, vehicle based with short walks and includes a substantial picnic lunch