Welcome to Tropical North Queensland a paradise of endless beaches, small towns, outdoor cafes and options from snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef to full on adventure.
Cairns is the jumping off point to the islands and also home port for the 3 night cruise of the Great Barrier Reef. Shopping in Cairns ranges from the cheap and cheerful souvenir shops along the esplanade to the upscale boutiques of Louis Vuitton.
20 minutes north on the scenic coastal road brings you to the lovely beachfront resort of Palm Cove which is a perfect base from which to explore. If you prefer a bit more action continue up to Port Douglas a lively town with a marina, shopping arcades, outdoor cafes and restaurants, many resorts and surrounded by number of famous golf clubs.
Just offshore is the spectacular Great Barrier Reef The Reef is a must do for everyone. Heaven for divers and snorkelers, even those who prefer to stay dry can take a semi submersible to experience the beauty of the underwater world of coral and colorful tropical fish.
World Heritage-listed Daintree Rainforest. is
the oldest tropical rainforest in the world, and home to Australia’s most diverse range of
plants and animals. Cruise the Daintree River and see fresh-water crocodiles
sunning themselves on the river banks, as well as many rare
tropical birds and animals. For further exploration 4WD up along the coast all the way to the top at Cape Tribulation.
- Kuranda Scenic railway enjoy the ride on a century-old railway up past natural wonders like Barron Falls and Stoney Creek Falls to the rainforest village of Kuranda where you can watch Aboriginal dance theatre Tjapukai.
- Sky Rail down the mountain.
- Snorkel and Dive the Great Barrier Reef.
- River rafting - white water down the Tully River, or float your inflatable boat down the Barron River,
- Fourwheel drive the remote wilderness of the Cape York Peninsula up to Cape Tribulation.
- Explore the world's longest lava tube system in Undara Volcanic National Park
- Hot air balloon ride over the Atherton Tablelands.
- Golf Courses